CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Where are the other four?

Don’t get me wrong…I love living in the city! One of the joys of living in the city is the traffic. I think I am one of those freaks of nature that actually doesn't mind going 25 on the highway in rush hour. Yes, I would rather go the normal 80 on an empty road with no officers, but I hate sitting at red lights, so bring on the snails pace.
My opinion on traffic aside, I just have one little question. What happened to the wave? Not the obnoxious one they do at sporting events, (which for some reason Rangers/Astros fans always do when our boys are at bat…not the way it works people!) but the one that people gave in the good old days when you let them “in” during gridlock. I am lucky if people even turn on their signal, let alone wave when I back off to make room. I remember the wave all the time as a kid. That was part of the fun of sitting in the “way, way back”. Part of the responsibility of that coveted seat was to pass along mom’s wave to the person that just let her in, not to mention that then you got to make faces at that driver to see if they would crack a smile, make one back at you, or ignore you. Aw, how I loved traffic then, but now…all I ask is where are your other four fingers?! JERK!

No comments: