CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hmmmm

I do not really know what to title this post.  Never in my life have I ever thought that I would "ask" someone for a prayer.  Partly because my up bringing just never really encouraged me to ask for a prayer and partly because I respect the fact that, frankly, some people just do not believe in it.  At this point though, I am putting that all aside to ask you for a few.  One of my great friends, Julie, sent me a text yesterday morning that her brother was in a head on collision on the highway on his way to work.  I ask that you pray for him.  She packed up her husband and son and left her classroom to go be with her family.  I ask that you pray for her and her family.  

On Tuesday I was reminded by some former students about the collapse of Bonfire at Texas A & M.  I remember that day very vividly and rarely talk about it.  What was so striking about November 18th this year was that Eb's sister had her baby.  For so many years I remember that one event on that one day, but now there is a celebration for the day.  I also became very much aware of the power of prayer that day in 1999.  So many families came to BCS to be with their injured loved ones.  I know that those prayers helped.  I guess that is just my way of asking for some for Julie, her brother, and her family.

Thanks!!

1 comment:

Just say Julie said...

Thank you Colleen. We are on Day 8 in ICU and are finally at a point where I think our world is starting to fall back into place. Words can not describe how much it touched both my mom and I to find this post. I am so thankful for your friendship. It means a lot.