CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Tis!!

I want you to know that I think of you each and every day. You were always such a good friend to everyone you met, and such an amazing person. I miss laughing so hard we just silently shake until we lurch back to try and catch our breath. I miss making those crazy videos with your sister’s cat attacking small towns as if they were Japanese mega films. I miss the fact that every time you saw one of us cry your instinct was to cry with us. Then we just giggled because at that point no one knew what we were crying about in the first place.
There are so many selfish reasons why I wish you were still here. I wish you were here to share a drink with and swap job stories after a long day. I wish you were here to take a dance class with me. I wish you were here because you were the only friend that was always there for me. No matter what. But most of all, I wish you were here to touch all of those kids lives. All of those kindergarteners that you wanted so badly to teach. You would have been so good at it, Tis! I only hope I am half as good at my job as I know you would have been at yours. Despite the fact that those kids never got to know you, do know that you touched each one of us. Every person you ever came in contact with is affected by you. Your kindness and strength guides me and encourages me to be better in life. Cheers to you! Miss you!

No comments: