CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Queue Flashdance and Fame

I AM OUT!! I was offered a new position at the “elite” company almost three weeks ago and I hesitated to post for fear of a jinx. But now…NOW! The first round of papers are signed, the background check came back clear (no big surprise – I am pretty boring), the second round of papers are signed and it is a done deal! Granted, I have no idea what I will be doing, but it is official, I am out of the cold, dark place I currently am today. That is probably the best experience of it all…TURNING IN MY RESIGNATION! “Ah, what a FEELING!” Man, it was awesome to seal the envelope with a letter I wrote in mid-March and drop it off with a secretary. I just wanted to dance in the hallway…”Remember my name. I’m gonna live forever. I’m gonna learn how to fly. HIGH”. Irene Cara is a GENUIS. Alright, not really, because I am pretty sure she only wrote the Flashdance and Fame theme songs, and they are pretty much the same, but they have been playing in my head on repeat for a few weeks. If you can not tell, “I’m sooo excited”…oh, another good song for this moment. This whole experience is proof that I heart the 80s. Really. I know, it is sad, but you know what?!
I GOT A NEW JOB!!
"Remember, remember, remember, remember, remember…"

p.s. -- If you haven't seen the movie or watched the old show, the videos will not make sense. Not to mention...go to Blockbuster or dial up the NetFlicks ASAP. You are missing out!

No comments: