CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Hell is getting chilly

So I got a text out of nowhere that said, "Eagle endorses Obama".  My first instinct was the old Dallas radio station, you know, the original Russ Martin Show, but no, that has not been around for like a million years.  (Yes, I look good for 1 million, I know)  So I called to get some clarification, and sure enough the one thing I thought it could not be, was true!

The BCS newspaper has thrown its support to the Democratic candidate.  For the first time EVER.  I knew that there was a lot of blue in south Texas, but I always thought that Aggieland would be the pocket of red.  Evidently, there are some Dems down there after all.  Not so much when I was in school.  My short, bright red hair, and facial piercings did not go over well with BCS-ers in the late 90s.  Little did they know I worked in a staunchly Christian business and could out shoot 98% of the trap and skeet team.  Yes, we really had one of those at A&M and yes, I did get fired for the piercings because the Bible said it was wrong.

Anyhoo, I am surprised that that town has become divided by this race.  A place that I have always considered overly conservative, Baptist, and Republican, is suddenly a lot less right winged.   

No comments: