CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

It is official

Well, the 4th and final mechanic has looked at my baby, Mini.  He was so incredibly nice!  He came to work, picked it up, drove it to the shop, diagnosed her, and returned it to work all while I was doing my job.  And, AND put $5 of gas in the car!  If anyone needs a car guy, let me know.  He is awesome.

I called him after work and his exact words were, "yes it is the pump, yes it is expensive, and if I were you, I would drive it out the door as soon as I could."  He told me that between 4-6 months a main part of the car (I will not get into the specifics) will go out and be thousands to replace.  So sad!  I asked him when he suggested I start looking.  His exact words, "I do not know your financial situation, but this weekend."  I have to give my baby up this weekend?!  SO SAD!!  

On a brighter note, a new car is an awesome birthday present!  Well, I am going to look at it that way.  I will not focus on the fact that I only lived three short months without a car payment.  I will not focus on the fact that I am ridiculously attached to this car and will shed tears when it drives away.  I will focus on the fact that it is a great time to buy a new car.  Crappy economy AND the end of the month...COME ON GREAT DEAL!!  

Other fun things...
1.)  I went to dinner with a friend from my old job tonight.  Every time we go out we try to get a free drink.  Usually, my boobs cannot be squished together to get me a free anything so I throw out the "it's my birthday" gig.  Well, the place we went to tonight has caught on to my ploy and denied the drink request.  OH BUT BEHOLD!  I bust out the license and BOOM!  Free drink.  And BeeGee picked up the tab.  Thanks girlie.

2.)  This one will seem small to most of you, but tomorrow (my actual b-day) I get to wear jeans to work.  This is such a small but joyous occasion!  Ah, sweet, sweet Chuck Taylors. :)

I have absolutely nothing planned, but let the weekend begin!

Pip~ Happy birthday buddy!  Seriously, I do not know why we were not better friends until now...oh wait, we analyzed this one night...yes I do.  Regardless, I am so glad we have reunited and you are back in my life.  You make me smile and "keep it real."  Thanks.  Hope you have a great day and a fantastic weekend!

7 comments:

Eve said...

So sorry about your car, but...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Call Me Cate said...

Happy birthday! I once had a car break up with me and as much as it treated me poorly, I was so sad to see it go. But yay, new car!!!

Tiffany said...

Ah...the coveted jeans day! What a great birthday present :o)

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday girl (early right?)!

Bummer about the car, but having a new one will at least be a weight off the sholders. I'm telling you buy a Honda. :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Actually, this is the perfect time to buy a car. There are really great deals out there if you know how to shop. If you need advice, my husband is a car fanatic and the master of the cheap buy.

jmt said...

Have fun car shopping! AND...have a wonderful birthday!

Just say Julie said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Maybe I can make you something to commemorate the mini. I'll see what I can do... in the meantime, we'll celebrate for you down here :)