CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fun things

After spending 3 hours at the car place today trying to return my new car for one that is a better color, I have decided to embrace the gold as beige and the ghetto wheels as...well...I really cannot embrace those.  They will be changed out soon.  I swear I am not this indecisive normally, I mean hell, I bought my dog and my house after seeing them each for 2 minutes.  Here is a pic of my new ride.
Now, fun things...
First, I got a birthday present in the mail today from Columbia Lily!!  It is an awesome red purse and ADORABLE MINI coin purse.  I have not checked her blog in a week because I wanted to be surprised and BOY! was it worth it.  I love them both, thanks C!  Here is a pic of both with the clutch she made me for Christmas.  Is she crazy talented or what?!
And the insides always have fun patterns in my favorite colors.
Next up, Rangers Spring Training starts in one week.  That is right, the one team (out of 30 MLB teams) that has not won a playoff series goes to work on Valentine's Day.  I am not expecting much from this season, but I am ready.

Speaking of the Rangers, they have this thing where the mascot, Captain, will show up at people's work, home, or someplace else for Valentine's/birthdays.  Sure, he comes with roses, but more importantly, he comes with ticket vouchers.  I am just saying...somebody owes me! Tehehe! ;)  Hurry, orders only accepted until Feb. 11th!
Finally, on a totally different note, a friend of mine bought their first place today!  I have to admit, house hunting is far more enjoyable than car shopping.  One of my birthday gifts was actually intended all along to be a housewarming present for him, so I am glad that I can finally wrap it up and have a set date to give it to him.  I hope he likes it and the perfect place I found in the new casa for it.
(Yes, mom knows about it.  No, you may not ask her about it.)

5 comments:

jmt said...

The dependability of this car will grow on you. Who gives a hoot what it looks like? I still like how they look, mind you...but I'm sooooo about dependability with cars. I've been burned too many times. :) Congrats!

Monica said...

Buy a new pair of shoes and you won't care what car you put them in! ;)

Eben said...

I'll get it out of her...

Christy said...

thanks for the linky love...glad you liked them.

jewelstreet said...

lol about the car! It's just not a mini is it! Columbialily is amazing, isn't she? And, she always finds the best fabric for the insides.

I don't know that I can train your pup! lol. Mine was just jealous. Think of it like two siblings. I was sad when I heard about your mini. I love them!