CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

The one where Pam, Patterson, boss, and I go crazy

NOTE: To understand this post, you must realize that graduation is organized by the associate principal’s secretary.

Today is the first day of my vacation. What do you think I did? Yep, that’s right, I went to work. “Oh, but Colleen, that must be so exciting. A new job and all,” you say? Nope, not the new job. The old FREAKING job!!

In reality I can not be that mad because it was completely self-imposed. I was actually done with work on Tuesday, finished off my office Wednesday morning, and swung by my boss’ office to see if he needed any end-of-the-year help. When I walked in, his old secretary (Pam) was there – she retired this time last year. I was super excited to see her and kind of screeched out “HEY” when she shot me a look of “oh holy hell!” I knew things were not good. I asked her if she needed help and basically, nothing…I mean NOTHING was done for graduation other than the program. Diplomas were still in the box, not proof read, no honors stickers on them, no Honor Society stickers on them, envelopes did not have stickers, failures had not been pulled, the binder of speeches was not put together, SPED was coming to pick up certificates at any moment; it was bad. Like that little kid says…”he was injured; injured bad”.

To help alleviate the huge time constraint, I go and grab the senior class sponsor and we start working. Five hours later (and half an hour after the current secretary left), we break to go home; the plan was to reconvene this morning at ten. I felt like crap this morning. (Not unusual for the first week of summer. Once my body knows it can slow down it usually becomes very ill.) I get there at 10:30, Patterson gets there about 10:45, current secretary is no where to be found. I find some keys, get into the office and the secretary arrives. We get to work by 11:00. Secretary breaks for an hour plus lunch at 12:30. By this time Pam had arrived so she, Patterson, my boss, and I worked while the person that is supposed to be doing all of this is at lunch with her bo-friend. NOT KIDDING. Wish I was! Another five hours later, I have to go because I have an appointment.

I feel like pretty much everything is done, but not because of the person who is supposed to organize graduation. It was only done because Patterson and I want these kids to get the right diploma and Pam (old secretary) just loves my boss and has a very kind heart. I will let you know how it goes on Saturday. Graduation Day!!

On another note, my appointment was with my hair lady. (She doesn’t like the fancy of “stylist”, so my sis and I just call her a hair lady.) Well, I cut 6 inches off of my hair!! CRAZY! I think I really like it. I just hope I can style it the way she does. My hair is curly and it just gets worse as it gets shorter. Thanks a ton for the super cute cut, Kathe! Again, I will let you know how it goes on Saturday.

No comments: