CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Middle of the break

Day 2 = unproductive; cannot remember what I did. I thought about working, but did nothing.

Day 3 = cleaned, laundry, wrapped gifts, worked a bit, dry cleaning, Disney on Ice (see post below)

Wednesday was a bit of a long day. On my way home from Disney, I got a phone call. You see I have this friend that pops in and out of my life when they feel so inclined. The timing does not always work well with my life, but I am always there for them. To be honest I do not remember what the point of the phone call was, but I ended up heading over to their house after about 3 months of not talking.

We had a great time together. We always do. Even in the worst of times; deaths, births, divorces, moves, crappy relationships, car accidents, family drama, tears, and laughs, we always come out on top. Through it all we simply share a quick glance, smile, and feel good about the moment. Knowing that in the end the lesson will be learned, a memory made, and hopefully a bit of a laugh.

That night we played Wii. I am improving and have rediscovered the original Mario Bros. I also found a ridiculous amount of joy from some random game on PS3. You get to design your own character and then take the cute little nugget to these different worlds. I was repeatedly told, “it is all about physics, Colleen”, but you know what? I cheated in physics. I do not have a damn clue how to do real life physics let alone video game science. But it cracked me up to try.

We ended the night with a little Generation Kill. Such a great show! (Side note: I should really start to take pictures of my life to post in these things.)

It was a lot of fun. It will be a lot of fun the next time I get a phone call. In the end, it is always a good time!

1 comment:

The Muse said...

Sounds like a great time.

Friends come with all types of wrapping...it is great we can take them as they are!